Friday, August 27, 2010

running errands...undies required

i can usually tell how my child has behaved during the day by my mother's mood and facial expressions when i pick ella up in the afternoons. yesterday, i decided to leave the office and go to my parents' house during my lunch break. mom only looked mildly distraught, so i figured it hadn't been too horrible of a day thus far.


after making myself a veggie burger and snuggling on delilah (yes, my mother also babysits my dog on occasion), mom cleared her throat and glanced at ella, who was in the other room.


"let me tell you what she did earlier," mom said with a smirk on her face and a raised eyebrow.


mom had to take some food to the church for one reason or another, and of course, ella went with her. she had insisted upon wearing a skirt that morning--she's on a kick where she wants to look like the chipette eleanor from alvin & the chipmunks, which apparently means wearing a skirt--and i let her, even though i'd rather her wear "play clothes" when she goes to gran's. so they drove to the church and went in, doing whatever mom needed to do, and talking to various people who were up there. i'm not sure how ella behaved, mom didn't say. but she didn't make it a point to tell me that she had acted up or done anything out of the ordinary. so i'm assuming she was fine. and then they left. it wasn't until mom got home and ella was getting out of the car that mom realized they had forgotten one small detail.


"...and as she was climbing out of her carseat, i noticed that she wasn't wearing any panties!"


yes, you heard me correctly.


"excuse me?! she wasn't...what...where...where were they?"


"i thought they were in the car...that she had taken them off while i was driving. but they weren't in there. and then when we got in the house, i saw that she had taken them off here! i told her i was going to tell you about it."


"did you ask her why she took them off?" i had to ask.


"well yeah...why don't you ask her yourself."


so i did. and the response was classic ella. "because they were getting in my crack."


life with kids...never a dull moment.

4 comments:

  1. That's hilarious....perhaps a little Britney Spears or Lindsey Lohan on your hands!! I hope not for your sanity!! I was waiting for you to say she flashed her privates while getting out of the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did anyone at the Church notice? It would have been funny if the older ladies up there had seen it. Sweet (z) got some tattoos one saturday night and the next day showed them off at church. One was on her upper thigh, she insisted on showing Mr. Green. I told her after that ladies have a rule, "keep your panties down and dresses up!" Oops, I told her, "Pippie, means keep your dresses down and undies up" Rachel, I love the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we'll have to get her some boyshort panties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...brittney or lindsey, lord help us all! i'm hoping nobody noticed..if they did, they didn't say anything... jen, that can be the next undergarment you buy one of my children!! :-)

    ReplyDelete