Saturday, November 12, 2011

college vs adulthood...the similarities are uncanny

i've undoubtedly grown up a lot since college. time, children, and adulthood in general will do that to a person. and lately, with every new crows foot I spy in the mirror and every creak of my bones when I get out bed, I definitely feel like i'm getting older. but sometimes when i hear a song or run across a photograph, i'm transported in time to a carefree place in my youth. a time so different from today. yet, as strange as it may seem, i've come to realize there are some things that haven't changed that much from my college years.

* i still remain broke most of the time.
* i sometimes eat cold pizza straight from the box for breakfast, only now it's by choice and not because it's the only thing in the fridge.
* ramen noodles still occupy my pantry.
* i continue to procrastinate like a champ, only now it's with house chores and returning signed permission slips instead of completing projects and papers.
* gorgeous weather will always give me the urge to sit on the patio and have margaritas with friends.
* i've been known to still leave home in jammie pants. guilty as charged.
* i'm still in love with eddie vedder and jim morrison, though their posters are no longer plastered on my bedroom wall.
* coffee was and always will be my best friend.
* i still have to deal with puke. but it's a whole lot easier to handle when it belongs to your child instead of a drunk friend.
* i still have 3 loud, crazy, lovable roommates. one of them I married and the other 2 I gave birth to.

well, what can i say. i guess some things will just never change!

No comments:

Post a Comment